In the Fall of 2015 our church formed a Long-Range Planning Facilities Team to help us assess our current facilities and to help formulate a long-range plan to guide our decision making in the future.
After two and a half years of work, the team made an initial presentation to our congregation at our Quarterly Business Meeting in June 2018. A video of that presentation is below:
The guiding principles as we seek to upgrade and improve our current facilities include:
- Clarifying our Vision [Our facilities are a tool for ministry and having a cohesive plan will help aid successful ministry in the future]
- Functionality [Entrances, Accessibility, etc.]
- Improved Security
All of these principles are ways that we can be good stewards of that which God has entrusted to our care.
Our current facility is comprised of four interconnected buildings that we label A, B, C, and D (from newest to oldest). [click for a map of our current facilities labeled by letter] We knew from the outset that Building D presented numerous challenges and ultimately needed to be demolished, but we did not realize how intertwined Building D is with Building C. After extensive research and conversation with our architects we have determined that attempting to salvage Building C is not feasible. It would be more cost effective to tear down both of those buildings and build new space than it would be to attempt to salvage Building C and subsequently bring it up to code.
Building B [The Edwards Building] is structurally sound, but is in need of renovation in order to make better use of the space. That is where the initial work would begin as outlined below:
- Complete Renovation of Building B [Edwards Building]
- New Addition of Central Church Office
- New Lobby (South Entrance)
- New Chapel/Public Meeting Room
- New Elevator
- Re-Purposing of Current Front Office/South Entrance
- Renovation of Children's Check-in for Building A
[Scroll down for a larger version of the plans for Phase 1.]
- Demolition of Buildings C & D
- New Main Entrance to Sanctuary (East Side of Building)
- Addition of Small Parking Lot with Circle Drive
- New Choir Room
[Scroll down for a larger version of the plans for Phase 2.]